Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

almyta getting a inventory distributor #2005

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodwinmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: almyta getting a inventory distributor #2005
    Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 5:47pm
I am in report and having problems with generating them becuase they don't fir the page. I hit preview to see what it looks like and a windows pops up saying,' almyta getting a inventory distributor #2005 at top and in the box ,' to properly format page, reopen the report. I do that and the data just doesn't fit the screen. Makes several pages. This problem is in all the reporting area for me. Any help would be appreciated because I need to get some report out before the weekend. Thanks in advance
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 7:55pm
Hi,

I will try to do it.

What country are you in?
What is  your Windows default printer brand and model?
What is the default paper size?
What are the margins in the printer configuration?

This message is supposed to popup only once.
Before we figured it out, you can output reports to Excel file, open with any spreadsheet program, and  print.

goodwinmw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodwinmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 10:08pm
Hi Iam in the USA.
printer is a hp laserjet 2100tn
default paper size is letter size I believe that what you need if not let me know
margins are

top 0.25
bottom  0.467
left 0.7
 right 0.25

Thanks and look forward to hearing form you
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:21pm

There is a file c:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\Reports\PrintingDevices

It is a text file with printers that you use and their configurations. When you first time start a report, you see message #2005. When you close a report, it saves configuration in that file.

1) Can you see this file? If not, check disk permissions to the folder c:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\Reports, make permissions Read/Write
2) You can preview a report and after the 2005 message, click Page Setup menu, change left margin to 0.5 or down to 0.25. Click Ok. Now, the report should fit and you can send it to the printer (Ctrl+P).
The problem is that if AID cannot create the PrintingDevices file, it will kep throwing the 2005 warning.

Please let me know.

Edited by BillD - 19 Jul 2012 at 12:23pm
goodwinmw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodwinmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:20pm
ok just triesd what you said and it still gives me the error everytime and still doesn't fit the page. Iam stumped so hopefully you can help further
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:32pm
Can you see the c:\AlmytaSystems\#Your Company#\Reports\PrintingDevices file? You have not answered.
goodwinmw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodwinmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:42pm
opps sorry I can
goodwinmw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodwinmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 1:53pm
here is what is on the file in notepad. don't know if this will help:
HP LaserJet 2100 PCL6 (Copy 1),List,673,1008,360,360,1,15,256,11880,288,1,1953,1,360,0
ZDesigner LP 2844,List,668,0,360,360,2,4,256,11880,288,1,1953,1,360,0
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 2:15pm
Okay, what printer do you have selected in the Configuration/Printers screen for the Report Name = List?
goodwinmw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodwinmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 2:23pm
you are a savoir it worked when I setup the hp laserjet as default. Thanks so much for you help. I do have one other questions. I need a printout or graph showing the best selling item over a month at top to the worst item to the bottom so I can see what I need to stock ad get rid of. Once again thanks for getting back so quicky
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:58am
Download this file
http://www.almyta.com/downloads/AID_Inventory_Shipping_Summary.zip
and unzip it.
In AID, use Configuration/Import Reports menu. Browse to the unzipped report definition and double-click it to load.
The report Inventory Shipping Summary will appear in the Reports/Inventory menu. To run it, input Start/End Dates in the Starting column. Sort by the Units Sold, descending.

goodwinmw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodwinmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:01pm
You have been great but I am new to this and I know this is a stupid questions but below is how I put the dates as a example and it throw  error. Could you send me back a example how to input the date ranges.

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/craftebay/ienvsum.JPG

this is how I put dates in but it gives me you have to provide a value for the filter.
error #939

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:12pm
7-1-12 should go to the next column, Starting field. #939 message says exactly that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic