Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Batch Cycle Count Import

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batch Cycle Count Import
    Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 3:12pm
There is no way to zero inventory position unless you use a Data/Purge function.
Importing or receiving will always add to  current inventory.
This all done by design. This functionality defeats the purpose of the inventory control.

Use Inventory/Reconcile function. You can reconcile the entire warehouse or just certain sections of it, like specific construction sites.

Print the Reconciliation report and use to count your inventory. Bring it back to the computer and do your changes on the Reconciliation screen.

If you feel that you need to wipe out your entire stock each month and then reload it, use spreadsheets instead of inventory control. Any inventory control software will complicate your work significantly in this case.

b.simmons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b.simmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 12:51pm
yeah, i know about importing the main inventory, as you have in #2 below.  in #1, will this overwrite my current stock counts, or just add to what's already there, as does with #2?

here's my issue though.  we manufacture buildings, cabins, storage buildings, etc.  they're all stick framed buildings.  we do inventory on our raw materials monthly.  we have over 300 raw material products, and there's always loss/gain throughout our raw stock.  so, over 300 products unit counts have to be reconciled monthly.  if i can't import a full list and copy over the existing units in stock number, can i set all quantities to 0, then reimport on top of the zero number?  if i try to import my list with the numbers as is, it just adds to the existing number, doesn't overwrite them.

thanks for the reply  
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 8:35pm
No, there is no such way. To add new inventory, you can

1) Import your spreadsheet into the Receiving screen, Barcode button, on the next screen select a format and import the file.

2) Just import the inventory by using Data/Import menu, Inventory Units db type.

To do the inventry counts, use Inventory/Reconcile

b.simmons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b.simmons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 11:49am
I would like to type my unit counts into excel from our recent cycle count, then import into ABC.  It would be much quicker than selecting "adjust", then entering the number, over 300 times.  Is there a way I can overwrite the current units in stock with an imported list of accurate units?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic