Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Unable to open ABC Inventory (32-bit)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spagrlkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to open ABC Inventory (32-bit)
    Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 2:27pm
Cry  I am unable to open the ABC Inventory Database.  

This is the error message I am receiving:  "This database was created with the 32-bit version of microsoft access. Please open it with the 32-bit version of microsoft access"

I have Windows 7 and Access 2010 on my computer which from my understanding is a 64-bit version. Is there a work around or a way to get a 64-bit version of the ABC Inventory database?  

Thanks
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 3:53pm
There is only one. Uninstall 64-bit Access. Install 32 bit, which can be found on the same disk. MS Access 2010 installs by default in 32-bit version. 64-bit Access is for larger databases. Let us say, all people on this planet. Microsoft is not recommending 64-bit Access 2010 and says, use 32-bit. 64-bit is not of industrial strength yet.
spagrlkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spagrlkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 4:48pm
 Thanks for the reply.  I was able to use it on my desktop computer with no problems.  The problem I'm having now is that every time I click on the Inventory menu it shuts down Access.  Any help with that one?

Edited by admin - 06 Jul 2012 at 8:46am
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 9:29am
There is a bug in MS Access 2010 in handling the menu (MS Office ribbon) images. It throws an exception and Windows kills the Access.  Some time ago, we found workaround. Please update your software by using Help/Download Updates menu. This should fix it. Please let me know how it worked for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic