Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Units import issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Units import issue
    Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 10:34am
Hello,

I completed an Inventory Units import for 400 Item Ids.

Having JUST backed up the database and reentered the company, I forgot to chose a warehouse prior to importing the units.  None of the Warehouse locations we recorded. I supposed it was due to my not being in any specific warehouse to begin with and so the warehouse locations did not exist for the NON WAREHOUSE location.

I chose to do an Item Master import for the same 400 Item IDs, specifying only the Item ID and the Warehouse Location. Of course THIS time I made sure I was already in the correct warehouse.

I now find myself faced with an strange situation: I have an unknown number (out of the 400 Item IDs) of Items that show 0 units available and 0 units in stock when viewed in the Item Master pane.  BUT, the same item WILL have the proper number of units in an inventory report, or when viewed the Direct Issue pane or in Locate and Move etc.

Can I ask the Item Master to update itself?

André
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 4:52am
Hello,

Seeing as no one has left an answer yet to my question, I will rephrase it.

After an import of ItemID and Warehouse Locations into the Item Master, I seem to have 0 units in inventory for all the ItemId in the ItemID - Warehouse Location import I did.  Although I do have units in  inventory for all of these items, in the Item Master, they show up as 0 units in stock.

BUT, in any other window (Units in Inventory report, Locate and Move, etc) I see that I do have units in stock.  In fact, if I click on the underlined "In Stock" of the Item Master, I will see the right number of units in the opening window.

So, it seems to only be in the Item Master window that my units in stock is wrong (says 0).

How can I correct this?

Thank you,

André
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 10:48am
Hi Andre,

Sorry for missing this one. Having a deadline here.

Use Data menu tab, Fix Data Discrepancies screen, choose Reset OnHand/OnHold, click the Run button.

Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 11:54am
Thank you Bill,

That fixed it.

André
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic