Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Two warehouses, same Warehouse Locations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two warehouses, same Warehouse Locations
    Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 6:20am
Hello,

This is a problem I encountered but found a way around and thought I would mention it.

I have multiple warehouses two of them have the same naming system for Warehouse Locations.

When viewing an item in the Master Item pane, I realized it is not evident in which warehouse an item is in, as its "warehouse location" code exists in two warehouses.

I decided to rename warehouse 2 locations so as to make them obviously not part of warehouse 1.

Here is the problem:

If Warehouse 2 location A1 is empty, BUT Warehouse 1 location A1 has units in it, then I can't change the name of Warehouse 2 location A1.  So basically there seems to be a conflict when warehouse location names exist in multiple warehouses. I was told the Item Master does not differentiate between warehouses. This may be the source of the conflict.

Solution to renaming used locations:

Use LOCATE AND MOVE,
Type in the conflicting Location: in this case  A1
Click VIEW
Select the Conflicting warehouse: in this case Warehouse 1
Select ALL the items in that location
Click MOVE
Specify a staging area or an empty location or other location where you can easily differentiate the Unit IDs from what is already there. (if you don't close the move window, you won't have to go looking for the moved items, the list will remain on screen)
Rename the Location in Warehouse 2.
Again select all the items moved to the staging area (or where ever you moved them to) and move them back in to their original location : in this case A1 of Warehouse 1)

André

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 8:40am
Renaming warehouse locations is a good idea. A1 in warehouse 1 can become 1A1 and A1 in Warehouse 2 can become 2A1. If you follow this rule, you can drop using multiple warehouses. To run the Units in Stock report for warehouse 2, use filter between, 2A, 2Z. This will show all inventory in warehouse 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic