Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Unable to restore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to restore
    Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 4:29am
I have just attempted to restore data from a backup I did this morning and received the following message: "Selected data file have unmatching password"

I now have lost all my data and am hoping you can advise on how I can restore my data from the backup file

Please help.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 7:44am

As I understand, you restored the company and now you see this message when you try to open it.  

If so, there is a message number in a title of the popup screen. What is it?

Donovink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 12:16am
Hi Debra,

I'm not too sure what I did but when I created the "company" months back I started by calling it "test" and now wanted to change the name. So, I backed up the data first and in trying numerous things ended up somehow managed to clear all the data and the software now wont allow me to restore from my backup file.

The error number i get is #2157.

Regards
Donovin
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 8:52am

1) In AID Company Selector, click the Delete button to remove a troubled company.

2) In Windows Explorer, go to  C:\AlmytaSystems\ folder and delete the #[Your Company]#  (the one you deleted in step 1)

3)  In AID Company Selector, create a new company with clean data. Open it, just to make sure, it is okay. Return to AID Company Selector.

4)
In Windows Explorer,
 go to the folder where the backup lives. Find a file with extension .ALMD.  Copy it to the C:\AlmytaSystems\#[Your Company]#  folder.

5) Return to  AID Company Selector, open the company, go to Configuration/Re-link menu, click browse, select the file copied from the backup.

I hope, this helps.

Donovink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 10:52am
Hi Debra,

Thanks for your assistance but unfortunately, this didn't work.

After running the Re-Link, I receive the following error #2087, "This data file cannot be used any longer"

Regards
Donovin
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 11:24am
Is your application licensed or you are using a promotional version? If licensed, we will fix this easily. If not then after you link to the expired data, it will lock itself again calling for a license.
Donovink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 10:14pm
Hi Debra,

I am running a licensed version.

Regards
Donovin
Donovink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:59am
Hi Debra,

I have just updated to version 133 in the hopes this will resolve the issues I am having.

Unfortunately this didn't work and these are the errors I am getting after creating a new company and trying to:

1. Restore from my backup file - error #2157 - Selected data file have unmatching password. - You will need a special utility to restore this file

2. Relink to my backup file - error #270 - Cannot connect object. - Object name: AB Error: Not a valid password.

Would it be better for me to send my backup file to you (5mb) to see if you can recover my data.

Regards
Donovin
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 12:07pm

The problem you have now is a bit different. The relink should work, but it does not. Have you renamed the backup file? If not, copy the backup/???.ALMD file name and post here. 

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 12:15pm

If you backed up your data using configuration backup, the data file name should look like

[Your Company Name] WITBzNthrWbMLrnuSGexiKXYUnjk2YUSDPF.ALMD @ [Date/Time stamp]

copy file and change the name to only cryptic middle part:

WITBzNthrWbMLrnuSGexiKXYUnjk2YUSDPF.ALMD

Try to link to it.

Donovink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 3:20am
This is the file name: test ChlBIxi2dTSGGaSbvvPZfMTYl44vUYlZick.ALMD @ 20130424-102418

I copy and renamed the file name  to :test ChlBIxi2dTSGGaSbvvPZfMTYl44vUYlZick.ALMD and am still receiving the same errors.

I can only assume now that the backup is somehow corrupt and I will have to re-enter one years worth of data
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 8:34am
No, cut off the company name as well.
Rename the file from:
test ChlBIxi2dTSGGaSbvvPZfMTYl44vUYlZick.ALMD
To:
ChlBIxi2dTSGGaSbvvPZfMTYl44vUYlZick.ALMD

Try to relink to it. If this does not work, zip it up and mail to aid@almyta.com. We'll see what can be done.
Donovink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donovink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2013 at 9:53am
Brilliant!!  Sorry I missed the instructions to drop the company name.

Renamed it as suggested and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for all the help Debra and Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic