Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Images in Inventory Master

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ame75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images in Inventory Master
    Posted: 26 Apr 2012 at 9:14am
Hi

can anyone tell me what the optimum pixel size is for images in the Inventory Master for a product.  I want to generate a catalogue and have both Large and Small images of my products, but when I import either/or any of them into the system and click print catalogue, it shows only a distorted view of a small part of the image.  I am assuming that there is a size limit? The small images are approximately 450x450 pixels.

Many thanks for any help on this

A
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:30am
Hi Ame,

1. Try not to use the embeded images. There take much space in the database. So, the the data file will be harder to manage.
2. Small and large images can be of any size.
3. The catalog prints only large image. The small images are logically done for the websites, when users can scroll and see thumbnail images. But, again, they could be of any size.
4. For the large image to fit the catalog page, it should be not lager than 6.28" x 3.13" in size. Or in pixels, do not make it larger than 600 x 300.
5. Beneath the image, the catalog page prints the Item Detailed Description located on the Item Master screen, More Details tab.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 10:33am
One more thing. We are going to add .PNG image types in a week or two.
Ame75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ame75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:19pm
Tongue
Many thanks.  Perfect.

A
Ame75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ame75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:38pm
Sorry, but I have just come across another problem that I can't seem to solve where images are concerned:

The size of the pictures is now working for me, but when I put the images into the Inventory control pictures area they appear, but when I go back to the record the pictures are no longer there.  Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks and apologies

A
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:44am
I think, only one image is shown at a time on the Item Master. If you need to see a large image, for instance, click on the Large Image link (Pictures tab). The image will either appear or a popup message will tell you that image does not exist on disk. This is done on purpose to save the resources.
Ame75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ame75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 8:40am
Thank you it does. 

The problem I am having is that I can chose the picture I want and it appeared in the pictures tab OK, I left that record to work on my next one but remembered that I had missed something off the previous one and when I went back into the first record the picture had disappeared and I had to click on 'large picture' again to get the picture back.  I assumed that the picture would remain in the tab.  Have I got that wrong?

Thanks for you help.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:34am
No, it does not load pictures by itself when user is browsing the Item Master. Let us say, we do not know which one to show. Also loading picture automatically would slow down the browsing.
Ame75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ame75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:49am
Cool, thanks for all your help.  This now makes sense

A Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic