Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Recurring Work Orders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recurring Work Orders
    Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 5:48am
Hello,

I have a large  number of recurring work orders (which recur several times a year for several years). These are not for assemblies. These are for Scheduled Maintenance orders at clients.  There are no EXACT dates required for the Work Orders, but there are specific Months required. So I am thinking of using the 1st of the months as the dates required.

Would the best way to stay on top of my required inventory be to simply create multiple WOs for the entire year and set them to Open, as needed, ahead of time to verify inventory levels and generate POs? Or is there a way to create automatically recurring work orders or Populated WO templates (one per client)? Or maybe just a more logical way of doing it?

At this time, with the limited experience I have with the software, I feel that multiple work orders for the year seems the way to go.

André

Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 9:57am
Hello,

I realized (noticed) that there is the Copy to New button at the bottom of WO creation screen.

Can "Copy to New" a completed work order? In other words, If I can just create my work orders as I need them by Copying to New an older one, then I believe THAT would be my solution to my previous question.

Thank you,

André.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 12:59pm
Andre, yes you can create templates and use special order numbers for that like CT_CUST_ID. Keep them as a requests. Copy them into real ones when needed. I believe, we have an add-in for auto-scheduling orders. It would be easy to add as a standards function. I need to find that add-in.
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 5:52am
Thank you.

At present, I have created the templates with special work order numbers and I Open the required ones for the coming month in order to verify Inventory levels . Then, as I Have not yet used automatic P.O.s ,  I manually create a P.O. for the missing lacking inventory items. I then set my work orders back to Requested so "used" work orders (which I imagine is what Complete is for),  won't have any effect next month when again I need to verify inventory levels for the following month of work orders.

For now this works, but I am looking forward to better using the software.

Thank you,

André.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic