Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

BOM's Please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ame75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOM's Please help!
    Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 1:45pm
Hi

I am new to the ABC inventory but am really impressed with what I have seen so far.  I am having difficulty in understanding how to create a BOM.  I design and make jewellery so the BOM's are perfect for what I want.  I have tried creating a work order and issuing it, but when I go to the BOM screen I can't find anything.  My logic isn't working and I am obviously doing something wrong.

Could someone kindly talk me through the correct process to set up, create and issue made up stock into stock for resale?

Many thanks for any help.

A
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
Hello A,

Add assemblies and components into the Item Master. Select [make] for the assemblies in the Main Supplier field on the Item Master. Add components to the assemblies on the Inventory / Bill of Materials screen.

It is described in a detail in the Help/Stating Up, page 26.

Use Assemblies in work orders to consume components and make your finished or intermediate goods.

Help/Intermediate, pages 26 and 34.

Should you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Ame75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ame75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2012 at 2:38am
Star

Thank you for your advice.  I did find the help manuals and am working through the sections on BOM creation.

Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful reply.

I have to say the more I use the software the more impressed I am by it.

Thanks again

A
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic