Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Decimal units

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CWorld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decimal units
    Posted: 11 May 2020 at 2:43am
Hi,

I've set up the company and all is working well except I cant enter decimal units of measure. When I try to enter 0.5 for example, the cell rounds up to 1. Less than 0.5 rounds down to 0.
When I click on "configure" - "numbering conventions", I have the option to select decimals although this make no difference in the program. It is also set back to zero after trying to change it again.
Has anyone an idea what I could be doing wrong?
Robbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 6:38am
I'm pretty sure that just controls what displays. Your UOM for each item will have to be your base unit that you are going to work from.

Go to the Inventory Item Master List and see how many decimals are displayed on everything.
Go to System - Options - 5. System 17. Decimals in Units is what I think is changing on the configuration screen. This is where you go once you have done the initial setup and realize you need to change something.
Change that #. System tab and Restart.
Reopen the Inventory Item Master List and see if the number of decimals has changed.

You can order decimals in Purchasing & Sales so I think you are just hung up on making the UOM a base unit.
n3qik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n3qik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 1:43pm
Look in:
System>Options>Tab#5>Line#17. If it is set to 0, need to set to 1 or more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic