Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Modify Database information and Type?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucifersjester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modify Database information and Type?
    Posted: 19 Aug 2018 at 4:56pm
Good morning,

This question might be dumb, and I've tried to understand how to but can't find the information anywhere.

Please delete if this is not ok to ask... However...

I'm trying to modify the information captured in the Main Inventory screen.

I require a few extra fields and have no idea how to add them.
I can change the 'labels' of fields, but I also can't change the type of information held in them.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I would have thought there was a table view of possible data fields I could edit? (as you can tell, I'm very new to this).

Additionally, I'm trying to remove certain fields from showing on an Invoice. Again - no idea.

Any help would be appreciated. I really like the software but if I can't change it I'm going to have to find something else :(

Thanks in advance 

LJ
Lucifersjester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucifersjester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 8:04pm
I'm assuming this forum isn't managed or watched by the builders anymore?

All good. I'll either try and fix it or use another option.

Good luck yall!

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 8:31am
A Field data type cannot be changed. Labels can be renamed. Fields can be hidden by users. To hide fields on the invoice(form-like documents) , see the Help/Advanced menu, page  35. In the latest software you can do global renames by using translations. It is in the Home/(English)/Translate menu. If your language is English, translate English to English, like Purchase Order to Requisition. This accepts exact phrases. So if you see a label or column name PO number, translate it as well to Req Number. This is a global change to the labels. There is not need to modify each report individually after this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic