Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Export Item Master List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwilliamson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Export Item Master List
    Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 12:09pm
I need to export my item master list to import it into another company.  Nothing required except for Item ID & Description, quantity on hand would be ideal but not even neccessary to be honest.  The product list itself is the hefty work part.  When I go to export it, it says 1 record and its just more headers
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 9:54am

Use the Reports/Item Master Summary. Pick the columns. Click the Excel button. Open in Excel. Make Sure it is what you want. Save the sheet as DOS CSV. Import by using Data/Import, Item Master Database. This will allow re-imports. 

For the stock, use Reports/Units in Stock. Save to Excel, save as CSV, Import by going to the Data/Import, Units in Stock database.  This will NOT allow re-imports and will double your stock unless you use serial numbers. For non-serialized stock, it will double. So, backup the company before using it then you always could rollback.

SherwoodM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SherwoodM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:57am
Hi Debra, is it possible to not have it double for non-serialized stock btw?
WFB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WFB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:30am
Hi All,

I'm trying to use the Almyta software fpor a new Food Bank we're setting up in Weymouth UK, with a 'warehouse' and 3 outlets.  I've downloaded the free versions of both AID (the simpler package) and ABC Inventory as the 3 outlets don't need to be connected and the FoodBank can't afford it.  I developed my Master list of Items and some 'test' quantities on ABC Inventory, but now realise that it is far too complicated for what the Food Bank needs, but all my Master List  info is on ABC Inventory.

Can I use the same procedure you suggest to move my Master List from ABC Inventory to the simpler AID?  Or, could I just copy the data file from ABC to AID; if so where are they located and any idea of the file naming system?

Grateful for any advice.
Regards.
Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic