Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

batch update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sovanaphum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: batch update
    Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 6:04am
Hi,

I would like to update unit price of some products. Is it possible to load file containing a list of item ID and its new unit price and do the update in one go? Thanks.

Regards,
SP
WGA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 2:59pm
There sure is, check out page the Quick Start Manual starting at page 14.
Set up the CSV file with the ItemID's as listed in ACS & price the for each, any other column can be setup up to be ignored during the import process.
You don't need to include the items that do not need updating.
This is the actual wording on page 15 for what you are trying to achieve.
"For instance, to load new prices, you need to import only two columns, Item ID and Unit Price"

You can do the same for an inventory count but its a little trickier!
I have some notes on the best way to attack it if you need them, post your email address & I will send it to you.

Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 4:14pm
Always try a single row for a test. In fact, the Data Import screen allows you to type in any values without importing a file. Map Item Id and input any existing one. Map Price and input something in like 12345.67. Import. Go to the Item Master, find the modified ID. If you see 12345.67 in the Price then your test succeeded. Change the price to what is was prior to your test.
sochenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sochenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 2:35am
Could you please share me for the count to soc**@gmail.com?

Sochenda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic