Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

BOM/Costing - Unit price vs. Unit Cost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.Klein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BOM/Costing - Unit price vs. Unit Cost
    Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 11:11pm
Hello community,

we have already purchased the Almyta Inventory Software some years ago for our manufacturing company.

Currently I am trying to improve internally our costing process of Bill of materials.

My questions are as follows:

1) Multi Level BOM´s:
How can I create Multi Level BOM´s. Our products have a lot of sub-BOM´s (until 5-6 sub-BOM). Currently we are creating the BOMs as follows: Go to -
Iventory - Item Master - Add new item - type new finished good (FG) part number - function: components (detail view/modify) and than add the raw materials and ist QTY unit (also no indicating of the UOM).

When we want to add a sub-BOM do we have to create again a new part number/item ID for it and add it in the FG BOM?

Q: Why is there no UOM indication? Mostly we work with Piece(s) but also with ml, tube etc.

2) Costing of BOM´s/Multi Level costing:

Currently it is like this, that our master datas of all raw materials are always updating and encoding the unit price (no currency indicated). For example:

Master Item - Part no: 123456 - Description: heatsink - unit price 0,48
(btw: no currency indicated). The real price written on an Invoice is 0,48$. There is a field for the Unit cost (€) which we Keep empty, cause our local currency should be PHP.

Anyway, when I am making a costing of the BOM, it shows me that the raw (material cost) is always 0,00 - which means that Almyta is not considering the unit price encoded in the item master list for my costing of inhouse make products. When I update the unit price in the unit cost fiel then the material cost appears in the costing, but still w/o currency). Maybe I need to find a solution for changing the currency their (from € to USD).

Q: What is the difference between unit price and unit cost? Our product costing is always based on the last purchased price and does not include freight charges, conversion cost in the summary of total material cost.
Q: Does Almyta consider in the costing also sub-BOM´s and print out already the total cost of materials?

Hopefully somebody could help us on this issue.

Thank you very much.
Daniel

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic