Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Inventory Report: Multiple totals for same Item
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Inventory Report: Multiple totals for same Item

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inventory Report: Multiple totals for same Item
    Posted: 07 Apr 2013 at 8:37pm
Hello,

There has been a past post similar to mine, but your solution is no longer available.

Basically, if I have, say, 100 units of ItemA in Bin1 of Warehouse1, and I Direct Receive 20 units of ItemA to Bin1 of Warehouse1 (Adj. Code: Cycle Count), well, Inventory Units in Stock and Inventory Cycle Count Reports do show 120 units in Bin1.  They show 100 units in Bin1 and 20 units in Bin1.

I do not need to keep track of the age of my inventory. There really is no expiry date to my inventory items (A copper fitting for example).  Can I specify somewhere that any inventory reception method simply ADD the received amounts to what is already in stock in the specified location?

Your solution to the older post was as follows (but is no longer applicable)

http://www.almyta.com/downloads/Inventory_Position_Snapshot_Totals.zip

and unzip. Use the System/Import Reports menu to load this report into the system.
The report can be found in the All Reports screen, Inventory section.

Thank you,

André

Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:35am
Hello,

I realize I made a type-o in my previous question that "may" be causing some confusion.

I wrote: ... (Adj. Code: Cycle Count), well, Inventory Units in Stock and Inventory Cycle Count Reports do show 120 units in Bin1.  They show 100 units in Bin1...

I Meant: ... (Adj. Code: Cycle Count), well, Inventory Units in Stock and Inventory Cycle Count Reports DON'T show 120 units in Bin1.  They show 100 units in Bin...

I apologize for the confusion if any.

If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thank You,

André
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:50am
The report Inventory_Position_Snapshot_Totals has been placed back into place. thank you for finding a bad link.
It is not just about expiration date. Each receiving transaction creates a separate row in the database. There is more info to each row than it seems. This is why we keep each receiving batch separately.
You can consolidate a few rows. Please see Help/Starting up, Consolidating Lots. Today, it is page 37.
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 11:48am
Hello Bill,

Thank you for your response.

I had seen that we could consolidate some rows, but wondered if there was a default setting somewhere.

I didn't even wonder WHY we would want to keep everything separate, but it makes complete sense when I think about it.

Again, Thank you,

André
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2013 at 7:40am
No, Andre, there is not such default.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic