Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Can I translate the software to French

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I translate the software to French
    Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 6:20pm
Hello,

Is there a file or interface containing the vocabulary used in the Interfaces and in the reports that I can edit so as to create a French Canadian language file?

If so, where is it and once I finish translating it, where do I tell the software to use the french vocabulary file?

Thank you,

André

P.S.  Once I have translated it, I can send you a copy of the language file if you wish.
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 5:48am
André,

You can translate the software. However at the moment, there are 920 popup messages, 159 reports with 1669 columns in them, 140 screens, 54 printable forms, and finally menus. This is at least one month of full time work.

Bill
Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 1:10pm
So... can you direct me as to where I might find the files and how to tell the software to use the translated ones. Otherwise, I could replace the existing files with translated ones?

André

(Once the month has passed, it has passed. If I never get started, I will never get it done.)

Andre_D View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andre_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:45am
Hello,

Although it may seem like a lot of work to translate everything, it is something that I would really need to do.

The people where I work do not speak or read English very well. 

Once I have finished setting up our inventory and better learned how to use the different aspects of the software efficiently (hopefully I will figure out the minimum I need in an acceptable time frame), I will have to purchase a license so others can consult the inventory throughout their daily tasks.

The software will have to be in french for this to be efficient. 

Please guide me as to how I may obtain the files needing translation.  I can then return the files to you if you wish and you can "setup" a french version that I could download OR just tell me how to get the software to consider the translated files, or to replace the existing files with the translated ones.

Thank you,

André
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 6:37am
André
Please email me at support@almyta.com. Attn: Bill
I will be happy to send you first spreadsheet.
Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic