Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Changing Serial Numbers in "Made" parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flashtronic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing Serial Numbers in "Made" parts
    Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 6:56am
Let me start by saying I just started investigating this product for use in our facility, and I am impressed with its functionality. It seems to do everything we need, but I am having trouble with maintaining serial numbers of components used in an assembly.

I place the PO, and receive the parts. As I receive the parts I put the serial numbers in for the components received. So tracking parts back to the original PO is great.

When we build components into assemblies on the floor it is done at 7 stations (a production process). Some components with serial numbers are added at each station. When I kit components to the floor it is done in sets of 25, so I don't know which actual part is going to be used with which assembly.... Just to reiterate it is not practical for me to send parts to the floor in complete sets, as parts for each assembly have to go to separate stations....

Is there a way that I can "switch out parts" in the assembly that is recorded in this software? SO when parts go to the floor any component can be installed in any assembly, then per the software I wont have a correct record of what component is installed where, but then at the end I can rationalise this by telling each assembly what actual components were used in it.

I hope this make sense, I am happy to clarify in more detail if you need me to.

I thank you all in advance for any help you can offer with this.

Regards

Kevin.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 3:44pm

Hi Kevin,

No, there is no function to change serials. We could build up an add-in for it. Otherwise, you need to assemble product in the software only after the physical assembly is done and you know which numbers goes where.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic