Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Order Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Add Columns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Add Columns
    Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 1:23pm
Is there a way to add columns for items by size and have inventory tracked? I understand that I can list each item by row for example, 1234-XL 1234-XXL, but it just looks much cleaner and less confusing to read for customers and is easier data entry for us. All standard inventory programs in my industry have this feature. 
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 3:12pm

There multiple ways of doing it. 

One way it to keep style, color and size in the custom fields. But in this  case, it is hard to see which unit you are picking when you ship.

Another way it to rename Serial number to the Size. On the shipping order screen, specify the size in each line items in the notes.

To rename serial number, close AID. In the Windows Explorer, go to [C:\AlmytaSystetems]\Your Company\Screens folder. Open files _all_UnitsReceiveLineItems.txt, _all_UnitsIssueLineItems.txt, _all_PartUnits.txt. Modify row with Serial to Size on the right side. Leave Serial on the left side.

There is also easy way to modify reports. See Help/AID Manual, Customizing Screens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic