Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

importing data into ABC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rzimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: importing data into ABC
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:23am
I've been testing out the free version to see if it fits our needs.
It is overkill for our use but the best I've seen.
We have two lists to import;
we have a master list from the supplier with:
part numbers, descriptions, cost price, retail price, suspersession part numbers

then we have our old inventory with:
part number, description, location, and up to four separate supersession part numbers

I think I can merge them by doing the Mfg. list first, the adding the local list that will match the "in stock" part number list with the master and overwrite it with our local information (correct?).

The problem I've having is getting the "quantities on hand" put into the system.
Using "ITEM MASTER LIST" to import my data does most of the work but is missing quantity and my supersession lists which are for my info only so they don't have to linked to anything, just shown.
Is there a way to do this?
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 11:06am

To import inventory catalog, use your format with  part numbers, descriptions, cost price, retail price

import it into the Item Master.

To import your current inventory position, use format part number, location, quantity, (serial), etc.

import it into the Inventory Units.

The part number (item ID in Almyta) is a unique identifier.

Supersession part number can be imported into serial 1, serial 2, or Remark.

Almyta also supports Alternate Part numbers, but using this function or not depends on your particular business application.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic