Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

BIN Locations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jesseg99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIN Locations
    Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 1:21pm

We are in the process of implementing ACS into our current environment.  Our current process before ACS is that we have identical BIN numbers in separate physical locations underneath one warehouse.  We use the physical locations to keep inventory separate for customers or projects.

We thought we’d be able to use multiple warehouses for these physical locations and then use locations as our BIN numbers but I think we’ve came to the conclusion that this will not work adequately for us when using ACS.  It difficult searching for inventory and then issuing it when dealing with multiple warehouses.  However, we could use a BIN field underneath locations.  Even if we renamed our BINs so that there aren’t identical numbers we still would like a physical location then a BIN number.

Is there anything that you’ve encountered that would help us in our situation above?

Robbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 9:02am
Staging Areas might get you partway there. It isn't designed for what you want but might allow it. I don't use that feature myself so can't say for certain.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic