Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

ABC Inventory - Asset Summary Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLTNOV22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ABC Inventory - Asset Summary Report
    Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 8:27pm
Hi,

I am using the free ABC Inventory and have come across an issue I could not find a solution to in the forums (unless I overlooked).  I created several assets and later determined I wanted to change the Asset Tag.  I successfully changed the Tags using the pencil icon but now when I open an Asset Summary Report, it is showing the old, original Asset Tags I started with.  If I double click an entry, I get a window saying CANNOT FIND RECORD but under this window, the Asset Details window opens with the correct Asset I wished to view.  If I directly open the Asset Details window, everything is correct.

Example:

I created an Asset with Asset Tag A-000001 under ASSETS, ASSET DETAILS (little book icon).  The Asset is created and shows normal in all areas of program (Asset Details, Reports, etc.).  I decide to change Asset A-000001 to ASSET-000001.  I click the pencil icon and change the Tag.  I refresh and now my Asset shows new Tag correctly in the ASSETS, ASSET DETAILS but if I select BROWSE ASSETS, BROWSE ASSETS, my list shows the old Tag (A-000001) and not the new Tag (ASSET-000001).

Any ideas why this would be happening and is their a way to correct/fix?

Thanks,
John
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 2:25pm
This is a bug in ABC Inventory. This was fixed in ACS years ago. However, the ABC Inventory package is getting updated once in three, four years. There is plan to update it early next year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic