Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesSBS/AID Inventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Muti user

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4yb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muti user
    Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 1:04am
Hi,
I tried to link to an existing company on the network unsuccessfully:

My current shared company file is in CEO-PC/Data/Data/AID INVENTORY SOFTWARE/"4YB".
When I browsed to CEO-PC/Data/Data/AID INVENTORY SOFTWARE/"4YB",  I get this error message "This is not a valid company folder. "#Company Name# folder name has been expected."

Then I tried your second method, copy folder
c:\AlmytaSystems\#4YB# from first PC into c:\AlmytaSystems\ folder on each  PC
I get the message "Folder with this name (c:\AlmytaSystems\#4YB# already exists. Delete it from disk and retry."

------

1. On your first PC, where the data currently is, start Almyta Company selector, select your company, and click the Move to LAN button. Browse your network for shared folder like \\server\share\a\b\c and select it. Your local company will be moved to the network.

2. For each other PC, you can either double-click the New Company, select Link to Existing Company, and browse to the \\server\share\a\b\c\#MyCompany# folder OR simply copy folder
c:\AlmytaSystems\#MyCompany# from first PC into c:\AlmytaSystems\ folder on each  PC

RHN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RHN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:08am
hi

check on Bill comment on Multi User account

just copy paste your folder on first pc to all your pc

install aid in your pc and copy paste, thanks
4yb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4yb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2012 at 10:54am
Yes, I did.  I followed his instruction and It didn't work for me. 
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:57am

hi 4yb,

There was small issue in a AID milti-user linking related to an operating system and type of data path. You can download updates (Help/Download Updates). After downloading return to company selector, go to your company again and open any screen. This should update the selector. When you start it next time, it should show 1.12.117 in the screen title.
4yb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4yb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 3:39pm
Thank you Bill.
That update works.  However, I'm getting this message after I open the company "The software license type Free Promotional License"  I then clicked "ok"
Another message comes up" Current data connection does not agree with your software license.  You need to obtain a new license from the manufacturer.  On the next screen, input mulit-user activation key".

I entered in my activation code and get message: "This key is not valid.  Would you like to retry"

I noticed that the serial # on the screen where I entered in the activation code is different from the original (first) PC.

The serial # is gray out and I can't change it.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 10:24am
hi 4yb,

PC 1
1) Create a company on a PC.
2) License AID.
I assume you have done these two steps. 
3) Move the company to LAN

On each next PC, use New Company and select Link to Existing Company. Browse your network.
Select a folder #Company Name#.

If you already created a local company with the same name on another PC, try to go to Configuration/Data/Relink. Browse your network and select your data file with extention ALMD.

4yb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4yb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 2:09pm
Hi Bill,

I tried as you suggested to relink through Configuration/Data/Relink. Browse your network and select your data file with extention ALMD.

\\server\share\...\#CompanyName#\....ALMD

I still
get this message after I open the company "The software license type Free Promotional License"  I then clicked "ok"
Another message comes up" Current data connection does not agree with your software license.  You need to obtain a new license from the manufacturer.  On the next screen, input mulit-user activation key".

I entered in my activation code and get message: "This key is not valid.  Would you like to retry"

I noticed that the serial # on the screen where I entered in the activation code is different from the original (first) PC.

The serial # is gray out and I can't change it.

Help ..
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 3:21pm
Hi 4yb

Copy file c:\almytasystems\aid.lic from first PC to the same folder on another PC.

If  you need add more PCs, install AID, start it, double-click "new company" and browse your network. We'll make it to be friendlier in a short while.

Edited by BillD - 27 Feb 2012 at 3:22pm
4yb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4yb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 4:21pm
Awesome!!! that works Bill.

Thank You!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic