Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Tax on item or category

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NikhilB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tax on item or category
    Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 6:52am
Hello,

Its been 2 months I have purchased and using this software for my eCommerce business, the software is overall good and fast. However, I am facing difficulties with tax calculation. In this software taxes are actually linked to customer in case of Point of sale and for normal sale order taxes can be selected from drop down. I feel this should be good if you dealing with only one kind of product / categories. In my case, we have different products and VAT % associated with it for e.g. 

Product 1 : VAT 5%
Product 2 : VAT 12%

I am not able to apply proper tax if I include products belonging to different tax rates in one invoice, either it be POS or SO.

To overcome such situations, in majority of the softwares taxes are linked to Products or its group (categories). Also, in invoice proper segregation of tax calculation is displayed. 

Secondly, one more functionality should be added i.e. tax inclusive. There should be tick box on SO form which will minus the amount of tax % as per products in line items  and display it in another column say taxes.

Do you guys think this is achievable?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 4:27am
Thank you. We are looking into it. At the moment is it possible to split an order i n two based on tax or you can create a non-inventory item calling it taxes and add  it as a line item at the bottom. You will need to calculate such taxes manually.
Robbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 8:38am
I just encountered an invoice where this would have been useful. Items shipped to different locations so different taxes because it's another state. It's pretty rare for me to have this on the same invoice so it wasn't hard to calculate. Just though I would let you know there is someone else who could use this, even if rarely.
NikhilB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikhilB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 12:57am
Hi Debra,

Thanks for your response. We would be eagerly waiting for the update which will give an option to map individual products to respective tax slab. If an additional field is added in Inventory addition module that will be a great help. Currently we are facing lot of issues as we have multiple categories e.g. Artificial Jewllery which falls under 1.5% VAT, Bags @ 5% VAT, Home Decor @ 12% VAT and Handmade articles @0% VAT. 

We tried your suggestion, its fine if we have only one to two invoice to deal with, but in case of a store where there are multiple customers waiting in queue with products of different categories, its impossible to calculate and post entries.

Request you to facilitate this in latest updates.
douglasrmartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote douglasrmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 5:18am
I'm following this topic.
rajesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2017 at 1:42am
i too need this implemented, since we are getting new tax system rolled out by July 1st....tiring job, coz for every purchase i need to create 2 to 3 invoices.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic