Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Report format edit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2013 at 6:24am
Under "the rest" you mean line item description?

The description cannot be moved to the right because it is too wide and therefore does not fit. So if you change just left margin, the field won't move. The next column after LEFT is WIDHT
Original line in the INV_AD_STD_LI file

txtDescription,109,Y,,,0,1,#000000,885,9465,285,300,Calibri,9,400,N,N,#000000,0,,,,,,,,,Description_,EOL

New line with the description moved 17 mm to the right.

txtDescription,109,Y,,,0,1,#000000,1885,8465,285,300,Calibri,9,400,N,N,#000000,0,,,,,,,,,Description_,EOL

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2013 at 7:54am
All printed forms, such as invoice or purchase orders, consist of five sections: Report Header (Logo, company address), Page Header (Order number, messages), Order Detail (Bill To/Ship to addresses, phone numbers, cells with additional information: Order Date, Payment Terms, etc. Line Items), Order Footer (totals, taxes, T&C, Notes), Page Footer (Company Name).

The top position in each section starts with 0. This is why it is not possible to move Terms and Conditions, for instance, to the top of the page. Top of the page is occupied by Report Header section, but T&C belongs to the Order Footer section.

Sections can grow. If T&C is too long, the Footer section will grow to accommodate all text in T&C, if section does not fit on the page, it jumps to the next page. All fields will go with the section and because of that the totals and taxes will go to the next page as well.

This is not the best design. We will make a change to it trying to keep the totals with the line items when possible.

If you have a problem with totals going to the next page while it seems they could fit, preview form, click Page Setup in the menu, change Top/Bottom margins to 0. The margins should reset automatically to the lowest number that your printer can support.
4DHardware View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2013 at 4:20pm
Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for the reply.

You explained my question very clearly so I've fixed the line item description alignment by following your instruction.

About totals going to the next page, I did try what you have suggested here while it doesn't work on mine. The reason I guess is that I have 8 line items in Order Detail section. 

You said as T&C belongs to Order Footer section so that it will jump to the next page if footer is too long, while the truth is that I don't fill anything in T&C as well as Notes. In print preview, I can see there're enough gap to fit totals and T&C on one page with line items.

May I ask should I wait for your next change or  try any other ways to have it fixed?

Thanks a lot again!

Cheers,
Monica 
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 6:33am
Hi Monica,

I have six line items fit on one page. If we squeeze 8, there always will be 9.

Yes, we will improve the design rather soon. I would say this month. It is in the list.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2013 at 7:58pm
Hi Bill,

Mine can only have 3 line items fit on one page with all these totals. So I think I might made some mistake when I changed the code.

At this stage my invoice screen looks like this: 

* I moved Logo to the left top corner and company information to the right
* I made the table between Ship To Address and Line Item invisible
* I moved Line Item Description one line up to be the same row with item ID 
* I deleted all line dividers in the Order Detail section
* I moved T&C, Notes and Memo down to the bottom on a page

Problems with current setting:

* I have to reset Left and Width every time once the line item description length changes
* There're only 3 items can be fit on one page  

May I ask is it possible for you find my mistakes according to the description above?

Thanks a lot Bill!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 5:54pm
Hi Bill,

May I ask how can I have my default Tax automatically ticked for line items rather than manually input?

Also can I keep Notes, T&C and Memo down the bottom of a page as footer rather than let line items squeeze them to the next page when there're too many items?

Thanks,
Monica
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 6:41am
Monica,

Mail your INV_AD_STD.txt and INV_AD_STD_LI.txt to AID@ALMYTA.COM.

I will take a look, when I find a chance. thanks.
- Bill

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 4:42pm
Thank you sooooooooooo much Bill, I've had it emailed to you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2013 at 3:56pm
Hi Bill,

May I ask how can I delete items of a particular category all together from Item Master rather than delete one by one?

Thanks,
Monica
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 7:30pm
Monica,

There is no such function.

We are working on compacting the printout forms. Hold on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 7:22pm
Hi Bill,

I still have the problem to fit 8 items on one page.

The subtotal and total amount section and T&C section will be squeezed down to the next page when there're 7 or 8 items, which is really unprofessional that all items stay on one page while its total amount goes to the other page, I've tried to adjust top and bottom margins to zero while it only work when there're 7 items. When 8 items and it apparently can have all sections to fit on one page, the margin adjustment doesn't work.

Please help me with this since this problem has left unfixed for a long time.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Monica 

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 11:38am
I am not sure, what you mean saying "unfixed". What exactly do you want the form to do? Do you want it to fit 8 line items on one page? If so, what if there are 9 line items? What if 8 line items fit on the page, but you add more text to the T&C? It would not fit again. This is not a bug, and therefore the is nothing to fix.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 5:48pm
Hi Bill,

Sorry I didn't make myself clear here. I sent you a copy of the invoices to AID email address to show you what exactly the problem is.

Please check the email and I really need your help here.

Thanks,
Monica 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DHardware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 4:37pm
Hi Bill,

How can I make the header show on every page of Sales Order, Invoice and Purchase Order when there's more than one page?

Thanks,
Monica 
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:18am
Hi Monica,

I am afraid, it is not possible. You can only move/hide fields inside their section. You cannot move fields between the sections.
eta jay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eta jay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2017 at 2:20am
hi, sorry but i have to post it here since my problem almost the same as monica except that mine is the logo appeared less than half. how can i fix it? please need help
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:00am
Is it cut so you do not see the entire image or it is just smaller than expected?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic