Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Custom Reports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simstace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Reports
    Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:32am

Hi, I am using ABC Inventory Software and I was wondering how I go about customizing a report? I have been through all the reports and couldn't seem to find one to match the fields I required.

Lets say I run the report for "inventory to order" this shows me what is low according to the levels set on my "re-order at" and "fill to" fields in the master item list.  I have 3 items required for purchase from 3 different suppliers. 

Now lets say I place an order with "supplier A" for the 1 item but I want to know what else I purchase from them and what the stock levels currently are (as they may not have reached their minimum) so I can top up if necessary.

I would like to know how I create a report that will give me all of what I use from "supplier A" with supplier name, item id, item description, unit cost, in stock, committed, on order. This way I can make a decision on placing extra items on order.

BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 9:41am
You can do it only manually unless you know system from inside. You always run the Item Mater Summary report and sort it by Supplier Name. Also, can output it to Excel and analyze it there.
simstace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simstace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 11:35pm
Thanks for the rapid response BillD....This worked a treat!! Cheers for your help.

It would be useful when you do future report updates to have a "fill-to" column as well in this report (item master summary), not sure how useful for others but certainly for me. Be great to see on 1 report max items to purchase as to not over spend unnecessarily. I don't always put through a purchase order in the system if I am going to  buy the items personally so don't know the fill to amount unless I go through each individual item in the inventory screen.

Cheers
Stacey
BillD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 11:03am
Stacey, it is a good idea. We'll do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic