Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeSBS and AID Software packagesUser Interface and Navigation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

SBS opens readonly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmptrguy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SBS opens readonly
    Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 7:26am
I purchased the Multi-Users SBS and migrated the DB's to a network Share. Then installed a second SBS on my other computer. I opened a new Company and linked the databases to this machines install.  When It opens I get an SBS message to "Please Restart the System" and then after that when I try to do anything I get the changes can not be saved system is read-only.
When I check the error logs I see an Error Code 70 Permissions I have checked everything I can think of for permissions issues. My users is Local Administrator and I have Full access on the Share Drive that houses the databases.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Gary
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 6:15am

There are two places where a shared file access is controlled.   

1. Share level. When you share a folder, add all users with full control permission to the folder with our data. 

2. Disk level. All users must have full access to the shared folder. This is unrelated to the share permissions. 

On a data hosting machine, open Windows Explorer, right-click the shared folder. On the Properties pop-up screen, you should see Sharing tab and Security tab. Set permissions in both tabs.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic