Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInstallation, Updates, Technical Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Order Entry Avail filed #Name?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Order Entry Avail filed #Name?
    Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 2:58pm
I had a technical issue with MS Access and had to reinstall it.  After the install when I am in a sales order, the Avail column for all items shows "#Name?".
I have exited and rebooted with no change. I reviewed the Inventory master record and saw no problems, the available field displayed correctly. I started a new sales order and entered items and the field populated with the #Name?.
Software version 3.15.38 YB 
MS Access 2013, Office Professional Plus

I'm not sure but it is possible that the version of Access previously installed was version 2010.  The error log shows no entries with today's date. I ran each of the Data Discrepancy scripts.  The Check for Updates function indicates I have the most recent version. 

Possibly helpful information - when I execute the Purchasing Utilities, and then click View Suggested Purchase Orders, I receive an error message popup -"There is an invalid use of . (dot) or ! operator or invalid parenthesis" message.

Thanks in advance-
Dane
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:36am
 The latest version, as of now, is 312.##.38.YH the ##=15 means Access 2013. Why don't you update and see. If this does not help, apply all updates to your MS Access.
timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 9:25am
Interesting that checking for updates this time did download the update to the version you indicated.  IT is installed.  Access doesn't show any updates to be applied. Have rebooted but problem still exists.
What if I just copied my .logic file to another directory, deleted the almyta folder, downloaded and reinstalled, created the folder for my business, and copied the .logic file back, and added it through the company selector? would all my setting and counters be retained?

timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 4:52pm
Just checking back in here as the problem still exists, and the descriptions of the products on all the various printed documents also say #Name?
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 7:21am
There is a bug in your version of MS Access. The bug was first noticed in June 2015. This software gets distributed with a different version of MS Access that does not have this problem. The ACS will work with your Access. To see how many units you have, double-click the Item ID. Copying files around won't help. 
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 7:24am
If descriptions show #name on some documents, you need to change your version of MS Access. 
timjea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timjea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 5:42pm
I understand this is not an access support forum, but I need a little bit more guidance so I can go try to address this.  I'm really not sure how I will change the version of my MS Access, but will investigate. Is there a MS KB article on this? or what is the actual issue so I can research it (what is the reference to the bug?)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic