Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryInventory Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Reconciling stock and sales

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inventorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reconciling stock and sales
    Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 4:41am
I am using ABC. Thanks for the excellent software Smile. I have a small shop where I collect sales receipts from the shop manager and count my stock every week. I don't have an automated point of sale. How can I most efficiently use ABC inventory to ensure that I have received full value for the stock that has disappeared from my shop for the week. I understand how to receive new stock into the shop. But what then? One idea would be to count at the end of each week, compare that figure to the theoretical stock balance, issue a purchase order for the difference, and compare the value of the purchase order to the amount I actually received in order to calculate shrinkage. Is that the best way, or is there an alternative? Thanks.
Debra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 7:53am
"I collect sales receipts from the shop manager" .. Electronically or on paper? Assuming that this are paper receipts, use Inventory/Direct Issue menu. For each sold item, select Item Id (or press F3) for search, double-click the Whse Location to pick stock. These way you do not need to do counts each week. As for the counts, you can just for most expensive items assigning that to a specific center code, like Valuables, and doing cycle counts just for them.
NikhilB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikhilB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 9:20am
Hi Debra,

Is it possible to reconcile sales & stock in SBS? I can see we can import data using handheld scanner option. But, failed to understand how to proceed. Can you please guide me here if its possible in SBS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic