Almyta Systems Homepage
Forum Home Forum HomeAlmyta Control System (ACS) and ABC InventoryOrder Entry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

This site is dedicated to Almyta Systems Inventory Software

Simple way for one-off items?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rrww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simple way for one-off items?
    Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 7:29am
I sometimes get custom orders. Things that use a bunch of my materials, but that I will never be making again, so don't need to create them in my inventory.

Is there a shortcut to production in the system that would circumvent all the setup of a single inventory item?

I'm not complaining if there isn't, but I know ABC has so much power that can be difficult to find that I want to ask, just in case I am missing something. I am a small leather and rope workshop, so I get a lot of custom requests.

The only shortcut I can think of is enabling the supplies as a "sell" so I just make an shipping order with all the parts and add a "service" fee for the labor. But it would be cool if I could make a work order with the supplies I need and complete and ship that, without making the inventory item first. 

Otherwise I can do a direct issue, but that loses the info on my customer that I'd prefer to keep in the system.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic